Greetings from Halifax, Nova Scotia!
There are many ACHE action items to consider this time of year. Please take some time to contribute and participate in the following:
#1 - Submit a nomination for the 2018 ACHE Awards
Recognize your achievements! The Call for Awards deadline is June 15, 2018, so be sure to submit your nominations soon! These awards are meant to help you bring recognition to your unit and individuals on your own campus as we will also give you press releases to share in your community. We need to share the good work that happens in continuing education!
Our individual awards categories are:
- Meritorious service
- Rising Star
Our program award categories include:
- Distinguished Program ~ Credit and Non-credit
- Creative Use of Technology
- Older Adult Model Program Award
- Outstanding Services to Underserved Populations
- Crystal Marketing Award
You can find out more about our Call for Awards by clicking here. Remember, you must submit a nomination to win!
#2 - Submit a nomination for ACHE Vice President and Board of Directors
Vice President & Board of Directors
The ACHE Nominations Committee is currently accepting nominations through June 8, 2018 for:
- Directors-at-Large (2 openings) and
- Vice President
Click here to submit a nomination. Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague.
Once nominations are received, the Chair of the Nominations Committee, Clare Roby, will contact nominees with requests for additional information. The Association will present its slate of candidates to the membership for consideration in July by email and in Five Minutes with ACHE. Please direct questions to the Nominations Committee Chair, Clare Roby at email@example.com.
Eligibility for Office
Basic Eligibility for Directors at Large and Vice President
- Be an institutional, organizational, or professional member in good standing, per the Constitution. Service, leadership, and contributions to the association are expected prerequisites. A candidate must have served in a significant role with ACHE.
Additional Eligibility Criteria for Vice President
- Must have completed a term as regional chair based on the requirements of his or her region;
- Or must have served at least one year as the chair of an association committee;
- Or must have served one year as an association Director at Large.
- And must have a minimum of one letter of support from one’s provost or president or other appropriate administrator approving candidacy and acknowledging time and financial commitments of association officers.
For a complete description of the requirements, roles, and responsibilities of ACHE Officers, please consult the ACHE Guide for Candidates.
We hope that you will consider nominating yourself or a colleague this year!
#3 - Submit an application for an ACHE Conference scholarship
The ACHE Graduate Student Conference Grant and the ACHE Memorial Staff Development Grant are designed to assist graduate students and continuing education staff members attend the ACHE Conference!
- Are you working on a graduate degree and interested in attending the ACHE annual conference?
- Do you have CE staff members who would benefit from participating in an ACHE professional development event to further their professional development and hone their skills?
If you answered yes, please consider applying for a 2018 ACHE Grant before July 31, 2018! Click here for details.
Other ACHE Grants and Scholarships are also available, including the Alex Charters Research Grant, Wayne L. Whelan Scholarship, and Institutional Minigrants.
- Could your institution use a minigrant to support a special initiative, project, or research effort that would advance the field of continuing education?
- Do you know an ACHE member who is studying in the field of adult continuing higher education?
- Are you conducting research to promote the development and dissemination of new knowledge, theories, and practices in adult and continuing education?
Learn more about these other ACHE Grants and Scholarships! Click here for details.
If you have any questions or need additional information, let us know. Grant and Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Awards Luncheon during the 2018 ACHE Annual Conference & Meeting in Newport, Rhode Island.
Have a wonderful June, Colleagues!
With Warmest Regards,
Bill Boozang, Ed.D.
ACHE President, 2018